Where are Choa Chu kang Growth Areas? Choa Chu Kang is a modern town that will continue to grow with new residential and community developments. Residents can also look forward to new facilities and recreational spaces in the town.
Housing: Better living environment for all
With the opening up of land formerly occupied by Keat Hong Camp, Choa Chu Kang is set for an infusion of new homes and amenities, bringing a fresh vibrancy to the area. Alongside a variety of home choices on offer, the facilities and services essential for a quality living environment will be added progressively.
New amenities and developments to look forward to include:
• A new Keat Hong Community Club at Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4 by 2016
• The Hillion Mall / Hillion Residences at Jelebu Road, located on the fringe of Choa Chu Kang town
• Recently opened The Tennery at Woodlands Road
• A nursing home along Choa Chu Kang North 6 will serve the needs of our elderly residents
Leisure: New reasons to be outdoors
Green spaces and leisure choices abound in Choa Chu Kang. Centrally located in the town, Choa Chu Kang Park is the green heart of the area. The park was recently expanded with new facilities such as innovative play areas for children.
A string of neighbourhood parks including Stagmont Park, Limbang Park and Tembusu Park are within easy reach of residents. An extensive network of existing park connectors also brings green spaces such as the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, Bukit Batok Town Park
and Bukit Batok Nature Park closer to explorers and families. Expect new parks and leisure spaces including:
• A linear park at Keat Hong Close by 2016
• A neighbourhood park at Keat Hong Link by 2016
• Greenery and recreational options accompanying the Rail Corridor that runs along the eastern part of Choa Chu Kang
Transport: Strengthening the links
Choa Chu Kang is currently well-supported by two MRT stations, Yew Tee and Choa Chu Kang. An LRT network further extends the public transport reach, and links Choa Chu Kang with nearby Bukit Panjang. In the longer term, the Jurong Region Line will also benefit Choa Chu Kang residents by improving the connectivity between towns in the West Region.
In the coming years, enhancements to the public transport and road networks will include:
• The addition of the Bukit Panjang MRT station along the Downtown Line 2, to be ready by mid-2016
• Improvement to Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4
• Junction improvement at Brickland Road/Bukit Batok Road
• Improvement to Choa Chu Kang Road from Choa Chu Kang Way to Upper Bukit Timah Road
• Improvement to Stagmont Ring/Choa Chu Kang Link
• Improvement to Kranji Expressway – Pan-Island Expressway corridor with a ‘reversible flow’ traffic scheme
• Planned improvements to Brickland Road from Kranji Expressway to Bukit Batok Road and junction improvement at Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3/Choa Chu Kang Drive
Economy: More jobs near home
Residents in Choa Chu Kang can look forward to more job opportunities in Mandai Industrial Estate and Sungei Kadut Industrial Estate such as the upcoming International Furniture Park.