Where are Bukit Panjang Growth Areas? Bukit Panjang sits at the doorstep of the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Central Water Catchment, which are pristine rainforests in the heart of Singapore. Upcoming developments in Bukit Panjang will give young couples the opportunity to reside near to a tropical forest. In addition, improvements to the transportation network and enhancements to the town will enrich the lives of the residents.
Housing: Better amenities for residents
With a well-connected transportation network and a growing spread of amenities, Bukit Panjang is an increasingly popular place to live. Bukit Panjang will be progressively developed taking into account the needs of the community. Future amenities in the town will also be added to serve residents in the area. Some new developments include:
• The Hillion Mall / Hillion Residences, a mixed-use development at Jelebu Road that will offer a greater choice of amenities
• A hawker centre and market at Bukit Panjang Road
• Childcare centres across Bukit Panjang
• A primary school at Bukit Panjang Ring Road
Leisure: Enhancing the green spaces
Beyond the natural gem that is the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, residents of Bukit Panjang can explore and enjoy a number of green spaces including the Dairy Farm Nature Area and Park, Zhenghua Park and a string of neighbourhood parks that dot nearby residential areas. Several initiatives will be implemented in the coming years to provide even better access to green spaces for residents.
• Zhenghua Park extension
• New neighbourhood parks in the Bukit Panjang North and Dairy Farm areas
• A new park connector along Upper Bukit Timah Road to link up the existing and new green spaces
Transport: Integrated Transport Hub
Today, Bukit Panjang is accessible by bus services and a Light Rail Transit (LRT) system which will have increased capacity in the next few years. The Bukit Panjang bus interchange is being redeveloped as part of the upcoming Hillion Residences and mall development at Jelebu Road, to be ready by 2015. This integrated development will link the Bukit Panjang LRT station with the future bus interchange, as well as the upcoming Bukit Panjang Downtown Line 2 (DTL2) station.
With the opening of three new MRT stations in Bukit Panjang town (Bukit Panjang, Cashew, and Hillview) along the DTL2 by mid-2016, residents will have more options for shorter and more comfortable journeys between Bukit Panjang and the rest of Singapore.
Travelling within Bukit Panjang and to other parts of Singapore will also be more convenient with enhancements to the following roads:
• Improvement to Pan-Island Expressway from Clementi Avenue 6 to Adam Road
• Improvement to Jelebu Road
• Improvement to Woodlands Road/Upper Bukit Timah Road by 2015
• Improvement to Kranji Expressway-Pan-Island Expressway corridor with a ‘reversible flow’ traffic scheme
• Planned improvement to Dairy Farm Road
• Planned junction improvement at Dairy Farm Road / Petir Road
Economy: More jobs closer to home
Residents in Bukit Panjang can look forward to more job opportunities in Mandai Industrial Estate and Sungei Kadut Industrial Estate such as the upcoming International Furniture Park.